- As a dynamic player in the global services sector, India has the potential to build its own brand for services exports and lead global services trade. Global Exhibition on Services (GES) is the Largest Services Show in India showcasing India’s prowess across various services sectors before a global audience. It is India’s premier event for service trade promotion between nations. The GES has progressively scaled new heights in taking our services to the global market place and in showcasing the India Opportunity.
- GES furthers the cause of:
- Showcasing India’s prowess across services sectors before a global audience
- Position India globally in more services sub-sectors
- Generate concrete business outcomes
- Create employment through leveraging services exports
- Intellectual property is the most valued asset in developed countries and will be the base of all economic prosperity in the future. SEPC believes that The Indian IP sector is growing by leaps and bounds and Indian judicial pronouncements have been lauded the world over for their beneficial and India has a key role to play in supporting its neighbors to build, protect and defend their IP.
- During the Global Exhibition on Services (GES) 2019, SEPC will hold an International Young lawyers Mooting Competition on Intellectual Property Rights on 26-28th November 2019. The competition will be open to one team of two young lawyers from each of the BIMSTEC+CLMV countries.
Two young lawyers from prominent law firms from each 10 BIMSTEC and CLMV countries will be invited along with senior advocates/partners from these law firms so that they can guide their juniors in the Competition and also hold B2B meetings with their Indian counterparts during GES 2019. The best 3 teams will be awarded with prizes. The judging will be done by very well-respected judges who are experts in IP law.
- Global Exhibition on Services will give an international networking platform for the young lawyers and law firms from BIMSTEC and CLMV countries to connect, exchange ideas and do business together. SEPC will fund the two-way economy travel and 3-Days stay of the competitors and their senior partners during GES 2019.
- Global Exhibition on Services (GES) is:
- A confluence of various Service Sectors in India
- An opportunity for symbiotic growth among nations
- A platform for Government and Industry interactions
- An event that cuts across services value chain for maximum socio-economic impact
- The first Global Exhibition on Services (GES) was inaugurated by Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi in 2015 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. At the inaugural session he emphasized that GES will bring India onto the world stage and urged the sector to become the key growth driver of India’s economic trajectory. The second and third GES in 2016 and 2017 was inaugurated by Hon. President of India in Greater Noida, National Capital Region, India and President’s Estate respectively.
- After the success of the past four editions of Global Exhibition on Services (GES), the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, in partnership with Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), is organizing the 5th edition of Global Exhibition on Services from 26-28th November 2019 in Palace Ground, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Participating Countries:
BIMSTEC and CLMV countries (Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Nepal, Bhutan, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam), will participate at the Mooting Competition for Young Lawyers to be held during GES 2019 at Bengaluru.
- SEPC (Services Export Promotion Council), an Export Promotion Council set by Ministry of Commerce Industry, Government of India has been instrumental in supporting the efforts of Indian Service exporting community, and in positioning India as a reliable supplier of high-quality services. SEPC provides a global platform for increasing trade in services, enhancing strategic cooperation and strengthening multilateral relationships between all stakeholders in the industry, and is the key partner in holding GES.